I still have beautiful weddings from November 2012 that I do (no, really do!) want to share. And several other sessions of loveliness. However, imagery will just have to wait until I get that lovely rectangular sheet of cardstock in May which allows me to teach children musical knowledge.
BUT in the meantime, several pieces of information and maybe a few pictures to remind you that this is a photography blog.
My church is hosting a creative retreat for women artists in April and I will be leading a session. The retreat is called Hunt.Gather. and will be held over the weekend of April 19th-20th. This is open to women of all faiths and backgrounds and will have sessions on things like creative writing, figure drawing, and even the art of paleo cooking (that one sounds super interesting to me). Here's the little blurb about my session:
Photo workshop & critique (Sara Tyer)
Since my background is portraits & weddings, our focus will be getting the most lifelike images of the people we love. We will discuss lighting, composition, & what makes a photograph successful. The last hour is an outdoor photo shoot, so bring your camera! If you’d like feedback on your work, e-mail up to 3 photos to saratyerphoto@gmail.com to be included in the critique.
I'm really excited about this, and I hope those of you who live in the Richmond area can make it. You can find out more information on the website here, and sign up here!
Secondly--the title of this post. A friend posted this article on Facebook and it cracked me up. A round-up of awkward engagement photos...too good not to share. Go read it if you need something to laugh about!
And finally, some awkward engagement pictures of my own! I am posting them on my photography blog because I have had a few friends request to see them, and they are technically by Sara Tyer Photography. Yes, I took my own engagement pictures, and yes it was low-key and perfect. We set up in the back of a parking lot somewhere (that sounds way sketchier than it was) and had a little 15-minute photo date. Official disclaimer: As a professional photographer, I do not condone this type of behavior...however, as a girl who is marrying a guy who hates having his picture taken, you do what you gotta do to get a save the date out there. Don't try this at home, kids.







you're adorable. I love that you did that! and I've seen the awkward engagement photos... they are hilarious!
ReplyDelete