Saturday, May 7, 2011

Joelle & Samuel - Married!

A few weekends ago I second shot for my roommate Jennie for our first wedding of the 2011 season! How exciting. This was an awesome way to kick off the year, too. I really enjoy when I get to second shoot; it usually means that before the ceremony I'm taking pictures of details and chillin' with the guys. It's so relaxed...we hang out, make jokes, they do whatever weird thing I ask them to do (unless I ask them to do a group hug...but more on that later).

Joelle and Samuel met doing mission work in Honduras. Love it. Another cool thing about this couple: rather than a wedding ring, Samuel chose to get a wedding ring tattooed onto his finger. That shows so much confidence to me in the permanence of marriage. Also the choice to never be without a symbol of his devotion to his wife. You could tell all the friends and family at this wedding really respect and admire this couple and I was honored to be a part of their wedding day!



















I'm pretty sure my exact words for that last picture were, "Okay, jump like a penguin!" I would say they accomplished that pretty well. So after that, I figured I'd do a nice normal picture next. "Alright guys, now group hug! Hug each other!"

They stood there and looked at me for a moment.

And then did this.



"That's your idea of a group hug?!"

"...we're from Montana."

Awesome.



Married! :)



And on to the beautiful reception.

















Go check out Jennie's blog to see more of this sweet wedding!

1 comment:

  1. Sara, I love the story you always tell thru your pictures. So many little details show the whole picture.


    God Bless you and your talent,
    Momma Jones

    ReplyDelete