Monday, February 15, 2010

Even More Things I Enjoy

Valentine's Day may be over, but I do still enjoy things. And here some of them are.

1. Easy gluten-free peanut butter cookies. Oh my goodness. I made them for James (I mean, Valentine's Day, it seemed like the thing to do) and despite being ridiculously yummy, I can eat them!! They aren't even gluten-free on purpose...they just come that way!



Uh, yeah. Drool with me. I took pictures of these things for, no lie, like 45 minutes.



I hate to say it, but..nom nom nom!!



Here's the recipe if you wanna try these out yourself: (They don't have to have chocolate chunks in them but, being the good girlfriend that I am, of course I put them in there).

1 cup smooth (or chunky if you wanna be sassy) peanut butter
1 cup sugar (white or brown, depending on your flavor preference...I like either)
1 egg
1/2 bag of chocolate chunks/chips/whatever you want

drop onto a greased pan, flatten w/ a sugar covered fork, bake at 350 for 10 minutes. No I am not lying.

Okay, onto things I enjoy that don't involve food (yes, they exist):

2. Getting exciting new books to read! Namely, Kevin DeYoung's "Just Do Something."



I can't wait to read it, I've heard only good things. Basically it's about finding God's will without jumping through hoops or subjectivity.

Finally, the last thing I enjoy today:

Knowing God is trustworthy. I helped with music school auditions today and after 4 hours of walking nervous auditionees back and forth between music buildings, I am 1) SO thankful that part of my life is over, and 2) reminded of how nervous I was, and how God saw me through. I wish I could always give Him the trust He deserves; I wish I never got nervous or anxious about the future. But at least for today, I'm going to try and remember that all the times when I was the most anxious in my life, all of my anxieties turned out to be about nothing, because my loving Father in heaven had it under control. Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment