Sunday, February 14, 2010

Things I Enjoy On Valentine's Weekend

(And every other day of the year, too)

1. Gluten-free vanilla cupcakes with pink icing






2. Crocheting pretty pink things



3. Spontaneous and refreshing visits from Catherine!






4. C.J. Mahaney's book, Humility. (Which is coincidentally on sale for 7 bucks right now!) Seriously, if you haven't read it, you really should. It talks about how pride is a Christian's greatest enemy and humility can be our greatest ally in growing closer to God and doing His will. One area that he addresses which I found particularly convicting is the area of correction, receiving and giving it. Here's a really good excerpt:

"As I understand it, corrupt talk is the fruit of pride and the revealer of pride, while edifying words are the fruit of hearts that have been transformed by the gospel and evidence that a heart has been humbled by the gospel. Only the humble are genuinely concerned about edifying and encouraging others.
In my experience, where there's an absence of edifying words there's also normally the presence of pride and of self-righteousness, because those who are proud are too preoccupied with themselves and think too highly of themselves to care about building others up or to be sensitive to their true needs. It's the humble who are perceptive, they're skilled in discerning the work of God in others because they care about others and want to serve others."

Yikes! Convicting! I want to be that humble person that serves others and so pleases God. This book is pure gold.

5. Going ballroom dancing with my sweet boyfriend :) (Buh-arf, I know, but it's our first Valentine's Day together...I couldn't resist!)



I hope that you are having a happy weekend as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment