Friday, July 27, 2012

Portraits of Musicians

Let's face it, everybody wants to be a musician. We're talented, we're smart (we can count to 16 like nobody's business), and we are obviously the best-looking people around. We're talking about the cream of the crop as far as humanity is concerned. Also we are incredibly humble. ;) All joking aside, this past year I've had the honor of photographing some of my fellow musicians for recitals, posters, CD releases, etc. It is a fun challenge, because I'm working with other artists, so in each shoot I have to take my style as a visual artist and theirs as a musician and combine them somehow. Each session then turns out to be radically different, because they are representing such completely different artists. I know I've succeeded if I can look at the pictures I've taken and hear their music. Here is a compilation of some of my favorite shots from over the last semester...I wish I could have included even more, but it was hard even to narrow it down to this monster of a post! I thought it would be fun to have something a little different on the blog for a change, until the next cute couple (and there are several in the line-up) comes along! :)
The lighting is kind of flat in this next one, but for some reason I love it...it feels so old-timey and jazzy to me.
Photo shoots are always more entertaining when my boyfriend comes along...well, most things are more entertaining when my boyfriend comes along. :)

1 comment: