This was a special wedding for me in another way, too. Lesley was the last out of a group of girls from VA Tech who had all chosen me as their wedding photographer. So for 5 or 6 weddings, I would see familiar faces that I had photographed before! I've grown to love getting to see these girls and their husbands again and again at different weddings, and it was kind of bittersweet to know that this was probably the last one. Basically this was an emotional day for everybody (including me!). This post is mercilessly long, but I think you will forgive me. :)
Monday, August 27, 2012
Lesley & Jamey - Married!
From start to finish, it was an absolute pleasure meeting and getting to know Jamey and Lesley. Their excitement about being with each other, getting married, and having me take pictures of them getting married, made it so fun to work with them. Their wedding day was so homey! That's the best word I can think of to describe it. They were married on a beautiful farm surrounded by mountains and PLENTY of adorable DIY details. One of my favorite parts of this wedding was watching the excitement of their friends and family. You can tell a lot about a couple by how their friends act on their wedding day. Lesley's bridesmaids couldn't stop crying and Jamey's groomsmen ran around all afternoon making sure everything was in place and ready to go. Since this was almost completely a handmade, homemade wedding, everyone had their own task to do. And everyone did it cheerfully--which leads me to conclude that it was a huge labor of love for Jamey and Lesley.
This was a special wedding for me in another way, too. Lesley was the last out of a group of girls from VA Tech who had all chosen me as their wedding photographer. So for 5 or 6 weddings, I would see familiar faces that I had photographed before! I've grown to love getting to see these girls and their husbands again and again at different weddings, and it was kind of bittersweet to know that this was probably the last one. Basically this was an emotional day for everybody (including me!). This post is mercilessly long, but I think you will forgive me. :)
Jamey and Lesley, congratulations!! I hope you keep finding reasons for me to come and photograph you. ;)
This was a special wedding for me in another way, too. Lesley was the last out of a group of girls from VA Tech who had all chosen me as their wedding photographer. So for 5 or 6 weddings, I would see familiar faces that I had photographed before! I've grown to love getting to see these girls and their husbands again and again at different weddings, and it was kind of bittersweet to know that this was probably the last one. Basically this was an emotional day for everybody (including me!). This post is mercilessly long, but I think you will forgive me. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






































































No comments:
Post a Comment